Thread: GPL
View Single Post
Old 28 Dec 2011, 11:04 (Ref:3004778)   #35
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've tried 20+ mods on rFactor - but they all feel much the same. Too easy for starters! Just because a great mod is hard to play is exactly the reason to play it - to want to master it instead of just jumping on and being able to drive with no 'training'. You have to really learn to drive GPL. It took me the best part of 2 years to 'go negative', the indicator of a small amount of skill on the sim. If GPL drivers do get high and mighty, it's because we feel very strongly that it was the best, and for some, like me, it still is. Nothing I've tried since comes close to the challenge GPL sets you. There's absolutely nothing quirky at all about it - you have to learn and persevere. If that's too much of an expectation, then people will no doubt stick to (what are IMO) easy 'jump on and drive' games. And I really do mean that - even if it offends sensibilities here and there.... If I can persuade one person to try (retry) GPL which means loading all the patches, updates, extra tracks etc. and doing it properly, then I consider the job well done.....