View Single Post
Old 28 Feb 2014, 16:52 (Ref:3373255)   #40
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I only have direct experience of my own government (US citizen), so I can't speak as to what happens elsewhere, and I know there is various levels of support at the national or local level for various racing endeavors (including here in the US), but a government backed F1 team seems very odd to me. Especially in a democracy (I get that in less democratic governments that sponsorship via public money is more likely to happen if someone in power is a fan). Overall, I think F1 is a poor place to spend public money. But I guess things are going well in Romania economically and that is usually when projects like this get the go ahead.

Richard