Old 11 Aug 2006, 23:52 (Ref:1680285)   #11
Charles Warner
Racer

United States
Memphis, TN
Charles Warner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterMorley
Looking at the list (pretty much the perfect collection of 3 litre F1 cars!) I was vary surprised to see March 761/8 listed as being owned by James King and originally driven by Brambilla.

761-8 is owned by Rodrigo Gallego from Portugal and has always been in Europe. It was originally driven by Mikko Kozarowitzsky, Michael Bleekemolen and Boy Hayje - then lived with Count Donhoff until Rodrigo bought it (and recently won the TGP championship with it).

Brambilla's 761 was no.1 and was written off, and he drove nos. 2 & 4 once each (2 is on the list as belonging to Howard Cherry).

Which 761 does James King have - it is the car in the opening photo, painted in Beta colours rather than 761/8s F&S properties colours?
While I can not speak for James directly, I can say that the car is painted in the Beta colors as shown and that James knows Brambilla quite well, has visited the shop, and, as far as I know, the car has been verified by Brambilla. We have a very close tie to Beta as they are a sponsor in part of the HGP Series. It is possible we are getting back to the "Carnet de Passage" issue and both the cars in question were/have been/are 761-08.