View Single Post
Old 20 Sep 2006, 08:21 (Ref:1714397)   #5
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
I was only kidding Barrie I would not have expected him to even remember me (mind you once met I am hard to forget!) as I worked mostly on the Imp conversion stuff and engine building and a bit of the GT's although I did do a number sorting out the Imp for Leanna Engleman to wreck at Lydden Hill (oops!), I bet he has'nt forgot her, who could in a tight fitting race suit. I kinda think he blamed me for leaving an oil pipe union loose on the BWM GT after we worked all night on it before the race which caused a wrecked engine at Crystal Palace on its debut and although I would not say so at the time because of my nature you can tell him it was not me but little Davy and Davy knew it as well. :-)

I googled his site for the 4 x 4 sales and there is some good old photos and information on the cars if any one else wanst to take a look, some good memories there. Hey does he mention Paul Hawkins who was based in the same building in Muswell Hill, I don't think they got on that well but who could not have been bought to tears on the Monday morning when we found out the big guy had met his death at Oulton Park, I loved the guy he was such a character and it effected us all real bad at the time.