Thread: Red Bull Ford
View Single Post
Old 6 Feb 2023, 16:50 (Ref:4142883)   #17
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
That’s what you’d expect them to say but in reality is just a sponsorship deal.
lot of comments from the partners about how this is a technical partnership though. perhaps it is just what they are expected to say but perhaps it will actually be more then just marketing...time will tell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
Trying to understand your budget cap question. Which budget cap? The F1 team cap or the new power unit manufacture cap?
yes was thinking about this new PU cap and specifically the amounts allotted to new constructors coming in prior to 2026...which to be honest i havent yet had a chance to really read up on so could be off base here.

and if its just a branding exercise i suppose there is not much concern at all.

there will of course be additional challenges of monitoring entities currently outside of F1 and while i do not doubt the ability to actually conduct audits successfuly there will still a learning curve as the system evolves.

side concern...after the acrimony of last years budget process, i wonder how vocal teams (specifically works teams) can be accusing a rival car manu of cheating? different can of worms then accusing a team that doesnt publicly trade shares of cheating as opposed to accusing a rival whose share price can and does affect real peoples' saving and retirement portfolios.

perhaps an extreme concern but (tin foil hat time) does lead me to want to know more about the timing of the announcement particularly because of an early launch date for RB and on the back of Ford announcing disappointing 2022 4q earning report and their subsequent drop in stock price over the past few days?

so if there is a connection here well thats the kind of insider info im looking for peebee2!

anyways, while i am excited that FOM is serious about controlling costs, i hope that this isnt too much too soon...time will tell.