Old 2 Oct 2016, 17:46 (Ref:3676782)   #57
850Estate
Veteran

Sweden
GBR/SWE
850Estate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
Shedden deserved the title. Tordoff would have too. There were too many great drivers across the whole season for only one to win the crown, but that's the nature of sport.

Some people (or maybe just the one...) on here clearly have preconceived ideas on which drivers and teams deserve success, whatever that's worth. At the end of the day, nobody deserves anything in sport, you have to earn it. Tordoff earned every point he gathered, Shedden - to his credit - just accumulated more.
That seems like a very fair way of looking at it. Tordoff was the model of consistency, Shedden the model of how to win a Championship. Grafted for the small points when he had to, risked it all with some big moves when he had too. Before that final race was the most nervous I've ever felt for a race where I'm not involved in someway!

Going to be a very interesting 2017 - I know, I've started already - with Subaru competing at every event (you'd imagine) competitively, with Tordoff now more experienced in RWD and at the sharp end, with Honda going for the Civic (in its various guises) 6th title in 7 years - will it be the new Civic? With Motorbase continuing to look strong and (dare I suggest it) Triple Eight looking to build on a far more promising year.

Congratulations to Gordon. Commiserations to Sam. Congratulations to WSR and to Motorbase, to Andrew Jordan and to Ash Sutton. Now let silly season commence. Again.

It'll take a lot to top that year for drama!