View Single Post
Old 9 Feb 2018, 19:18 (Ref:3800037)   #1215
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
Overall, I suspect it will be a non-issue, but we will see how it plays out in IndyCar.

I don't know how long IndyCar pit stops last. I assume longer than F1 as there probably is more of a limit to the amount of crew over the wall (I have no idea, someone correct me if wrong). So the few seconds it takes to grab the tab on a tear off and pull it off should not impact IndyCar pitstop time. For F1, I expect it would impact it a bit more, but everyone will be in the same boat.

Richard
The average IndyCar stop is about 8 seconds and only a crew of 6 is allowed over the wall. If the aeroscreen is accepted by IndyCar, a seventh crew member could be designated to either clean the aeroscreen or pull the tear-offs off.