View Single Post
Old 8 May 2019, 23:28 (Ref:3902709)   #39
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm generally supportive of IMG but agree that they got greedy and sold out to soulless tracks. Put the current WRX and ERX offering on the old tracks, keen ticket prices reasonable and maybe support the European series a bit more (e.g. raise caps on s1600 to 30 or 35) and I think you'd please a lot of people.

I don't see how IMG has a monopoly on a solid European series? They had that challenge Europe thing. So it's not called the European RX series. Call it something else. It's all about numbers. The challenge never had it. We thought these guys would but then they abandoned the original principles. As you say chunder, it needs to be a concerted effort and much better organised than this. It might even take two years to achieve not a winter break. That's fine.

But actually a solution is to just fix what we have. I don't mind WRX being a manufacturer and rich boy playground so long as the ERX and support series is properly looked after. I think that's lacking at the moment though ERC supercar will be on Facebook this year.