View Single Post
Old 28 Mar 2015, 11:20 (Ref:3520859)   #43
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=Mike Harte;3520813]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
In other words they did not gain anything./QUOTE]

That is not what I wrote, nor is that what I meant.

All I said is that it might be difficult to accurately measure what benefit was gained by Honda, who are extremely unlikely to announce that they were able to use knowledge harvested from the Mercedes' PSUs to produce their own unit.

But I am damned sure that they will have been able to circumvent some of the problems that the teams had in the early part of 2014 because of what they observed, but are now encountering difficulties of their own which may well be caused by issues that are totally unconnected with problems that the other teams faced last year. And what's more, we will likely never know, and does it matter any way?
You would have to be very naive to think that MB did not take measures to ensure Honda gained nothing from last year. Equally McLaren would not want anything resembling the Ferrari fiasco to happen so they sure as hell wouldn't give Honda anything.

My point in all this just to clear things up is that every man and his dog is saying that Honda had a year to watch and learn when in reality they had no such thing. It didn't happen and couldn't happen.