View Single Post
Old 22 Jan 2019, 16:58 (Ref:3877742)   #1411
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH View Post
I guess since you don't mention it that the actual racing is of no importance, as long as the cars look good and sound cool?

Never understood that attitude. As long as the racing is good, what does the look or sound of the cars matter? After all, it should all be about the racing. That's the whole reason behind getting cars on a track. If you want loud noises and 'cool' looking cars, you can see that on Friday night on most high streets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I see your point but I don't agree. The entire thing is important. Sound, visuals, racing, etc. Formula E lacks at least one of these. Whether or not it makes it up in other areas are up for debate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Ah well Formula E isn’t supposed to be loud, so it’s different
I've watched both FE races and the racing has been pretty good (and that's not always true of single seaters so they're doing something right). The sound is a big problem - it's not just that they're quiet compared to what we're used to - it's that the noise is actually irritating after a while.