View Single Post
Old 28 Jun 2019, 00:37 (Ref:3914520)   #8
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingair View Post
Must be missing the dollars from the CL merchandise sales?
Merchandise was reported a few years ago as earning 888 ~$1.5m per annum. This apparently took the form of taking that as a fixed commission, while a 3rd party actually ran/runs the merchandise program.

This was also before 888 added the Caltex Vortex Lowndes program, separate to the Red Bull branded team. A reduction in Holden dealers, and lack of support/success of the Commodore nameplate may also have reduced the potential of sales thru the red lion network.

HRT (Walkinshaw-style) back in the day mixed it up every year, so that their followers would get the latest and greatest hat/shirt/flag/stubbie holder because it was new. That the RBHRT cars/merchandise is kinda the same year on year might not be helping either
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods