View Single Post
Old 19 Jul 2017, 11:13 (Ref:3752761)   #104
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This week from Carey, who appears, certainly from these comments, to have the same blinkers on, possibly borrowed from Mr E:

Quote:
Indeed, talking to The Times, Carey admits that he is puzzled by the organisers claims of financial hardship under the current deal.

"I don't understand some of their claims about their economics," he said, "particularly when I look at our business in other places. The people who run a good race seem to have a different picture than they are painting.

"But I don't have visibility to how they account, how they assign costs," he admitted. "I know we are not treating them unfairly. We are treating them consistently with others. We value Silverstone and we have three years to reach an agreement.

"Our preference is for Silverstone but the British Grand Prix certainly does not have to be here," he warned. "We have had expressions of interest from other places in the UK, but I'm not trying to play one against the other."

From: https://www.pitpass.com/59693/BRDC-r...Media-proposal

Not trying to play one place against another? Certainly sounds like it.

The only countries that seem content to carry on with their GPs seem to be those run by despots who have no compunction about wasting their country's wealth on vanity projects - Monaco excepted. The UK is almost alone in having no state assistance, and I cannot see that changing in the foreseeable future, either. And certainly not whilst public sector employees pay is being severely curtailed.

And as an American, maybe he should look to his own country. COA has it's own financial problems, and is only kept afloat, or so I believe, by receiving State assistance. And why is there no New Jersey race? Because they couldn't get State aid to build the circuit, and/or a State financial guarantee to underwrite the contract.