View Single Post
Old 4 Jan 2018, 21:54 (Ref:3790727)   #32
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
As of right now, not too much to worry about, because there's a market demand and there's a market to supply it.

When one of those gets upset, then we can worry. But longer term, you do have to wonder, because GT3/GTD is starting to push GTLM/GTE Pro budgets and where it's not mandated, teams tend to use all-pro driver line ups in GT3.
Starting to push? I can do the WEC Super Season in a brand new GTE car for what it costs to do the 2018 IMSA season in a GTD car.

The current GTD budget is around $1M USD *more* than it would have cost me to run an ALMS GTE Ferrari in 2013 (which I looked into doing).

Frankly, if you're not worried about the GTD class then you either don't care about it either way or don't have the facts (not throwing stones at you in particular chernaudi!). The writings been on the wall for a couple seasons.

-mike