View Single Post
Old 21 Feb 2018, 14:34 (Ref:3802919)   #24
jjvincent
Racer

jjvincent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjjvincent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If someone bought NASCAR and decided to sell off ISC, I could see tracks actually get better.

Let's look at Road Atlanta. I don't see why they couldn't do a setup like you have at NJMP or VIR. That's where you have a clubhouse and somewhere on the track (i.e back straight) a row of town homes. Then take the new pits and make them just like in Europe (i.e. COTA). With garages, a removable pit wall and suites above pit road. That way, you all of a sudden become a track that can run a Creventic or WEC event. Who wouldn't want a Creventic race there? They run it at COTA and split it up (14hr on Sat and 10 on Sun) because of the sound ordnance. It could also run that 8hr event they currently do at Laguna. I'd think that even motorcycles would run a big event at the track. Again, because it would be set up like most tracks in Europe (remember European teams don;t come with the dog an pony show like we have in the US, it's basic and meant to set up in a garage on pit road). There's enough land out by the street that they could lease some out to something like a big gas station/convenience mart.

In the end, instead of looking at the gloom and doom of Road Atlanta, it could literally be still be there but better than ever. Along with more world class events. I currently don't see ISC ever spending any more money on the track but a new owner could look at it as an opportunity to make it even more profitable through investment.