View Single Post
Old 18 Apr 2018, 04:55 (Ref:3816295)   #250
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
So everything you've said above is exactly what I'd said with a TA1.5 so what part are we ignoring?
I should have made more clear that comments about points being ignored were directed at jjvincent rather than you - he's repeatedly asked the question of "why not just run TA2 unmodified" despite my explanations that it creates the feeling that he's deliberately ignoring my statements on the matter.

Quote:
Sorry, saying we'd love to but the budget means there's no chance.
I think we both know that it's only "no chance" is only if the needed budget to run a class doesn't change - those teams that want to run TA1 probably have plenty of money to run pricier cars, just not up to TA1 levels. Thus, TA1.5.

Quote:
As for attendance, sorry but Road Atlanta drew over 3 times as many for Ferrari clienti corse day and other tracks have reported miniscule to negligible attendance.
I'm not arguing the size of the remaining fanbase, I'm noting the fanabse DOES exist while focusing on what that fanbase WANTS, and what it will take to grow it - Which happen to be the same thing I've been outlining to appeal to the remaining fans since they're also the thing the helps makes the series unique, and standing out from the crowd is the best way to try and get eyeballs right now. Racing is increasingly becoming a niche sport, which makes copycatting a poor idea since people will stick to the version they prefer. People are more likely to pay attention to multiple series when each series offers something unique.

Quote:
TransAm is on its way out unless they realize first they're support racing, second they better be CHEAP,
No arguments on those, but those don't change what people expect out of TA, which has been my entire point - thus, TA1.5.

Quote:
and third they are not a pro series any longer.
Half agree, half disagree. TA has too much going for it to classify it as a glorified club series, but it's definitely not a full pro series anymore.

There's nothing wrong with them believing it is a pro series, but they have to understand that they're only SEMI-pro at this point, so they need to balance that out a bit. They need the attitude of when the series first started - it was a place for club-legal cars to run as a touring championship that could serve as a platform in which they could pit their mettle against any pros that wanted to come by.