View Single Post
Old 29 May 2002, 06:26 (Ref:299113)   #6
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Rick
Australian Motorsport News - fortnightly newspaper/magazine.
Joe Saward does all of the F1 reporting for them. I might give them a ring and see if they can explain whether its a beat up or a world scoop- I can't find mention of it on any of the usual websites - tho I seem to remember a few weeks ago Fab(I think) saying something about a rumour of a chicane at Indianapolis, don't know if that might be related.
That was me talking about that rumour about a new chicane between Mulsanne and Indianapolis.

No confirmation, no infirmation for now...

I'm definitely circumspect about everything coming from FIA around Le Mans race, and more widely Sportscars. They run only for F1, and F1 has problems nowadays... they that lot of interrest could be transfered on sportscars, and they definitely don't want that.

Everything will be done to push ACO to problems, trying to kneeing them, to bow in front of FIA, thing that they don't want 'till the 50'...

I'm not pessimistic for Le Mans this year, but there's always a danger for sportscars : the more this category will be discreet, the more it will live - againts all FIA wills...