View Single Post
Old 29 May 2002, 16:07 (Ref:299578)   #15
egor
Veteran

Wales
N.Wales
egor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree about your points on the WRC, and i know this is not the right forum for my thoughts on this but here they are.
The FIA are trying to make rallying(WRC) as popular as FORMULA 1. In the UK the Lombard RAC Rally as it was called for a long time drew more spectators than formula 1 could dream about, with no real spectator problems as such and congestion no way near as bad as it is now.
This is not only a problem in the UK but even worse in europe with non competition cars being left on the side of the stages, and people hanging off every vantage point they can find.
The cause of this i believe is the fact of the FIA wanting easily managed packages for them selves to make as much money as possible, in as short a time as possible.
Obviuosly by cutting the number of stages or the number of total stage and road miles is better for the teams, but who is the customer here the fans.
And by doing such things, the fans who want to watch the WRC are forced to go to less stages and any person worth there salt will know that all these people who were spread over 10 stages (a few years ago)are now spread over three, and as is more common now stages get cancelled due to safety reasons because of the amount of spectators.
The FIA need a good kick up the
if you ask me and sort there act out ounce and for all.