View Single Post
Old 10 Feb 2018, 18:05 (Ref:3800331)   #1236
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Remember you can't claim this is risking drivers lives, because it is technically safer. It just isn't the best solution available. It's just the best solution for a "hey look at us!" moment. Formula E is doing, quite literally, the exact same thing - and Formula E loves attention seeking nonsense.
the cynic in me thinks the relatively quick adoption and proliferation of the HALO has more to do with shielding teams from liability concerns.

which is not a bad thing per say plus it has the knock on effect of a move towards safety. teams also need protection which means this might be the best solution for right now.

certainly not the best looking solution but perhaps an effective solution to a bigger threat...a litigious society.