Thread: Team Ferrari: in F1
View Single Post
Old 29 Jul 2020, 15:05 (Ref:3991405)   #497
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
Why would Ferrari agree to the freeze? While there might be a lot of potential reasons, I think it is due to what was going on in the world and in particularly Italy at the time the decision was made. I think the decision was made mid-March. Look at Covid19 data from that time period.

Italy had just days earlier went into total lockdown. Their peak was still weeks away (which they didn't know). It may be more clear now, but I suspect Ferrari's perspective is that any potential for 2020 development let alone 2021 development work was lost or seriously curtailed. However as Italy looked worse than just about everyone else other than China, other teams could potentially continue to do development work.

For Ferrari it may have been less about "giving up development time" (as it was gone for them from their perspective) than it was to deny that time for others.

Hopefully they can turn things around for 2022. And while they are likely focused on 2022, I think it's unrealistic to think they are not trying to address issues in the 2020/21 platform.

Richard
So effectively, they got caught out by Covid-19. Given the time frame that would make sense.