Thread: Magny Cours
View Single Post
Old 20 Dec 2000, 14:50 (Ref:53481)   #3
RickP:Clio51
Veteran

England
Zurich
RickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I made the trip a few years ago and learnt the following things:

1. You can pretty much camp in the car parks, unlike Germany where the Polizei come and kick your tents down.

2. The general admission area down at the hairpin is the most popular "cheap seat" but the fans sit there all night to secure a spot and bearing in mind how hard it rained the year I was there, regretted it.

3. We rolled up at around 4AM Saturday and bought parking and grandstand seats on the spot at that time without queuing. Seats were OK, could see most of the infield but not start/finish or pits obviously.

4. It is a ******* hard drive, left Friday night ferry and drove all night at silly speeds to get there. Basically it is in the middle of nowhere. (You go about 1.5 hours south of Paris and then about 2 hours East)

5. Race can be a bit processional.

6. VIP Parking is worth the extra money as they lock the normal parking after the race and you all sit there until the last VIP has gone. Best to plan a bar-b-q or something after the flag if you are not dashing back to Calais for the mdnight boat.

7. Of the tracks I have watched GPs at, I would go to Hockenheim, Spa, Monaco, Silverstone or Nurburgring in preference just for ease of travel and quality of viewing/atmosphere.

8. Still a GP though!!!!

Hope that helps

RickP:Clio33