Thread: Prosport LM3000
View Single Post
Old 27 Apr 2007, 06:49 (Ref:1901439)   #37
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBRM
Simon will appreciate this, I did about 10laps aroud Snetterton as a passenger. I think Andy P is a very good driver but I can tell you Snetterton at 6pm with darkness coming down and Gerry Marshall driving is better than anything Andy could/can do, apologies!!

When Prosport was set up the test driver was Eugene O'Brien but they decided to get someone else in, Gerry Marshall!!! We spent the day at Snetterton bombing around (after the short man had spent three days there) and ended up a second quicker overrall.

Eugene then went off and brail drived a 405 into what he could over the season and Pro Sport (like Multisport before it) didn't quite take off.
I would like to think that he would be gentle with his own flock!! AP had a brief to scare witless his passengers (however given my wife can do that just going to teh nearest town I must be a more nervous than usual passenger!) I have been looking at the results to the 24 hour race and see the car finished well down Simon, was there a problem?
Re Eugene O'Brien my lasting memory of him was trying to nudge me out of the way in a Top Hat race at Donington. I and several others complained about his Tin Top driving standards and we never saw him again in Top Hat, shame - NOT!