View Single Post
Old 28 Jun 2018, 12:57 (Ref:3833446)   #138
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by auroan View Post
Hopefully this article puts to bed some of the nonsense I've seen spread across the forums and Facebook recently;

https://www.touringcartimes.com/2018...success-croft/
Interesting article, and definitely seems to be an objective review of the situation.

A couple of points struck me though, particularly given the relationship between BMR and Alan Gow in the past:

“We brought in some aerodynamic upgrades, cooling updates, induction updates and centre of gravity height updates,” Performance Engineer Tony Carrozza explained. “TOCA has been penalising us with the centre of gravity height since 2017”

I hope, (and sure that it will be the case) that they have opted to go down a different route with their application of the ballast/height calculation? The Ballast/Height calculation is a TOCA-imposed measure so I can't see how BMR can bring in updates to that?

Describing the centre of gravity height as a 'penalty' is probably not the best option though?