Thread: Imola Classic
View Single Post
Old 13 Oct 2016, 20:58 (Ref:3679834)   #12
HRSTR5
Racer

England
Surrey, England
HRSTR5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some years ago, and before i started racing myself, I was between jobs for a few months and trundled off round France and Italy in my old Fiat Spider, taking in some classic yacht-racing in Cannes and St. Tropez and then heading to Italy, up into the hills to watch the San Remo Rally (lucky enough to see Colin McRae "on a charge"!), few days in Milan and then went down to Imola for a historic meeting. Rocked up there early in the morning of the Sunday and girl on the gate said "Are you here for the Parade?", "Of course", say I chancing it, "Please park in that line over there, here's your goodie bag, thanks for coming" ... So i park next to a Low-Drag E-Type Replica, and a Ferrari if i recall correctly.

Enjoyed the meeting, took a big wander, Senna memorial included.

Returned to the car at Parade time and followed the line out into pitlane, interesting mix of cars, including a T35 Bugatti and a Le Mans Lancia LC2! .... We followed a pace car for most of the first of our three laps, then the Bugatti got bored being at the back of the train, so blasted up the outside, metaphorically throwing down the gauntlet to all ... 2 and a half laps of semi-mayhem ensued. Hilarious.

Its a great circuit, I've always wanted to go back to race properly, not happened for me yet ... one day hopefully!

Hope everyone going has fun.