View Single Post
Old 23 Sep 2019, 18:18 (Ref:3929730)   #15
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
We often have this conversation. When I first raced at brands in the 70's and Gordon I suspect the whole of the banking was full of spectators cars.I blame Sunday shopping.
Yes you're right and I have made similar comments before, actually for once there was a good crowd in the paddock hill grandstand possibly drawn by the promise of the late summer sunshine but only a few sparse spectators scattered around the circuit and on South Bank.
I was at Castle Combe the weekend before for their club finals day and as usual there was a strong supportive audience right round the circuit in contrast to the mediocre turnout for most club meetings at Brands, maybe your right - they all go to Bluewater or some such place!
I know that I'm diehard race fan in attending the less popular meetings but the general public seem totally oblivious to anything except F1 or ridiculously overpriced pseudo historic events with "names" behind the wheel.