View Single Post
Old 27 Feb 2003, 19:38 (Ref:519602)   #39
verglas
Racer

verglas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just want to get this thread back 'on-track', the answer to the BRSCC problem has already been given, allegedly a few years ago they ploughed a fortune into the Eurocar championship which then went spectacularly belly up despite the promo money received form BRSCC. The club, I believe very nearly went bust and has been on the brink ever since. Of course, no one will substantiate this...A shame for the FF1600 brigade whose races are all under the BRSCC umbrella and who seem to be ignored by the BARC, unless there is some way that they can be lobbied to include FF1600 on their varied and interesting programme. In addition, it might be worth contacting some of the journos who visit this forum to see if they can influence Motorsport News and Autosport to print something about the feelings of discontent that club competitors have especially toward BRSCC. Personally I find the clubs decision to increase entry fees by such a huge amount indefensible, especially when other clubs are actively reducing costs for the club racer. Just my views, natch!!

Last edited by verglas; 27 Feb 2003 at 19:47.