Thread: VSCC Donington
View Single Post
Old 13 Sep 2004, 14:58 (Ref:1095238)   #3
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Horsman
. . . And it was all qualifying. Sunday was in my view a great day, with the ERA race an especial highlight. But not very many people there.
There were five races on Saturday. :confused: I agree with you that the three-hour race was "not a spectator event". It would have been more bearable if:

It had started at 1500, not 1630.
We had been able to hear the commentary. Where I was (in one of the Rescue units) there are no speakers. We could not pick up any broadcast on 1602 so we quickly lost track of what was going on.

The F1 Ferrari demonstrations were superb in the case of the Ferrari test driver. Full speed laps at or around the lap record (held by an F3000, I think). In the end the team lost their bottle and had him called in. The other drivers were a bit less obviously on the cars' limits.

The Seaman trophy races were excellent and the opportunity to see 14(?) of the 19 ERAs ever built certainly made my weekend.

I thought the turnout of spectators was quite high; perhaps the best car meeting at Donington except for touring cars. Most were on the infield however and did not get to the viewing areas on the outside of the track.

Regards

Jim

Last edited by JimW; 13 Sep 2004 at 15:00.