Thread: 2020 TCR Series
View Single Post
Old 24 Sep 2020, 10:16 (Ref:4006016)   #226
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 litre Touring Car Star View Post
Btw, I'll say again. Nobody cares about Bright handing back a car. And the Kelly's as well.
You can say it all you like. It's fine for a promoter to put on an exhibition to showcase what a series is capable of, but we clearly had that happen last year, while the category management stage-managed falsehoods about who was paying the bills.

All this hoo-haa about "commitment to the series" from known players, and all of it hokum.

I don't think anybody would have looked twice at it if ARG didn't deliberately seek to literally lie directly to fans. I guess they believed that with the kick-start, that those teams would just keep on going.

But unfortunately the Subarus will never be any good, Holden died leaving no chance of any "local" support for those Astras, and the lack of any racing probably put the kybosh on any chance of the business model continuing to work for Brighty.