View Single Post
Old 23 Oct 2023, 19:29 (Ref:4182670)   #2303
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Sergiev Posad, Moscow Region, Russian Fe
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
Come on, don't be facetious. National series will always be more flexible than international series, given the much higher running costs (mainly travel). I actually think you're being kind to the ACO with regards to the chassis - the timing was always suspicious, given Oreca just-happened to have a headstart on a prototype chassis - but nobody can change this now.
Acureca Orelpine story is not even a joke already. It's a clear mark for the level of "highly sophisticated prototypes" today. I won't wonder, by this logics, that climbing back to trees is going to be classified as a pragmatic step considering all types of difficulties the World is suffering.

Funny to read about "folks IN racing who want wide open regs are those with unlimited pockets". I clearly remember normal LMP2 with University teams and garagists who had built their own cars. Where are they now? Oh, they should have way too large pockets and now build their own Mars stations.

Looks like I represent a marginal minority of those fans who prefer autosport and rather then driver-o-sport. As monsieur Poirot said: "Round and around in the circles. Never will I understand the passion for such a pointless pastime". McRae and Loeb had clearly shown that a rally driver is a superior sportsman than just a "pilot". The whole interest in circling around is a test for the machine at the highest level. If there's no comparision in tech then it's waist of time and wallets.

For sure, if ACO have taken a route to some kind of deindustrialisation for their top series, then it's obvious not to have supporting classes as it was previously. It's the same for F1. They've destroyed junior formulae who used to provide not only talented drivers but engineers and even whole teams upwards. So, we have Newey as the last proper designer. After he leaves to yacht building the whole F1 could be reverted into another Dallara highly sophisticated cup with BoPped engines.

With no proper junior prototype classes for constructors it's a dead end for the top series. Sooner or later manufacturers are going to loose their interest and for 100500 time leave highly sophisticated sporting authorities with nothing to play. Well, you'll have 10-15 LMP2 teams and name Oreca monocup as a WC, but I've already prefer better racing in America (South and North) and Japan - thanks to YT it's possible to watch them.

As for the comments here it all looks like a collective self-persuasion session. "Tout va très bien, Madame la Marquise...."