View Single Post
Old 24 Oct 2023, 07:44 (Ref:4182734)   #2309
PhilipR
Racer

Romania
London
PhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think Oreca ended up monopolising the market because their car was the most consistent across all racetracks - the ligier in capable hands was as fast as the oreca but seem to have a narrower working window than the oreca. The Dallara was never really run by a top team - and it showed its speed as the Cadillac DPI. The Riley oh well - the less said the better

Another change to LMP2 in the last few years is the professionalism of the teams - lookat lmp2 in 2016 and now - most teams could run Hypercar programmes nowadays and even the small ones have evolved rapidly into top teams i.e interuropol, Panis racing etc. The more professional is getting the more the teams will push for the best package

Now should have ACO done anything to bring the others in line with the oreca? And how much can you do on a cost cap formula to catch up without massive redesign , I do not know

Also with the 2026 lmp2s, my worry is the manufacturers will be too interested in developing LMDHs that they will not care much for the actual LMP2 and again one manufacturer will dominate