View Single Post
Old 20 Nov 2018, 09:22 (Ref:3864433)   #2447
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
When I flew to Faro with BA from Gatwick last month the car park for 5 days cost more than the flight..... OK, I booked short term as needed to get home quick and the parking is right opposite the arrivals hall. Long term would have been cheaper but would have wasted a lot of time!

NEC is a pain from here by road or train. Latter involves changes and usually takes 5hrs. Driving via A14 etc also slow to stopped, especially with long term road works still in place.

Having realised that to renew my race licence a Stress ECG is needed again, I’ve booked to have that done at Silverstone on a Saturday, as half a chance I will get there and back without too much hassle...... (And it’s cheaper )
When the Motor Show moved to the NEC in (I think)n 1980 I looked at going by train from Norwich, but it involved going down to London & then up to Birmingham. It wasn't possible to do a worthwhile day trip. It doesn't sound as though things have improved in the intervening near 40 years! The NEC might be in the middle of the country but it's more like the middle of nowhere.

I was shocked when a friend told me last week that parking for the classic car show was £16!