View Single Post
Old 20 Nov 2018, 09:40 (Ref:3864435)   #2448
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
An interesting link Mike, thanks for that. I was expecting all of the twin engined cars to have been done to give four wheel drive with an engine at each end, so some of those (the Saab especially) were quite a surprise!
I remember the Twini & Moke examples, and in a similar vein there was an autocross special back in the 70's called The Buffi-Mowog with an Austin 1300 engine front & rear. If I remember correctly, to get around the clutch & gear synchronisation problems this used a manual transmission at one end (front?) and automatic at the other!
I remember the Buffi-Mowog- well the name anyway! That Saab must have sounded fantastic. As I said, every once in a while you can learn something from the internet, which is good as my life motto has always been “Never stop learning”

Good to see that one or two of the prototypes are now in manufacturers collections....