View Single Post
Old 19 Dec 2020, 22:17 (Ref:4023976)   #116
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
The syntax of the underlying metaphor of my post.
I'd have noticed that if I'd realised there was another page!

I know I wrote years ago that everyone fixates on the era they first adored F1, and this thread illustrates it *perfectly*.

My son has fallen in love with F1 through no act of mine; he think Lando/George/Carlos/Charles and their social media antics are brilliant and he's been sucked in through that. He will forever identify this as his own golden era.

He doesn't give a flying one whether the cars are powered by stupendously complex PUs, V12 engines or horses because F1 for him isn't about the technology. It's about the people. The technology is breathtaking, the cars are breathtakingly fast, the racing (this year) has been brilliant at times but the people involved are more accessible than ever.

Here on 10/10ths we're more or less all old (he's just turned 17). We need to bring his age group along, not put them off with endless bickering over which engine format was "the best".

V12 engines? Meh. Time has moved on.