View Single Post
Old 20 Dec 2020, 01:28 (Ref:4024024)   #120
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Hey guys, I know a fantastic place that sells rose-tinted spectacles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundersports View Post
Sorry to **** on your oh so righteous ******** about F1 but what you're saying is complete crap. A V8/V10/V12 would get a lot more attention from the younger generation. Replace social media with proper pit walkabouts, get the crowd nearer to the action and proper overtakes not drs induced nonsense.
The "replace social media" made me laugh out loud. Maybe they should outlaw it. Some type of United Nations mandate maybe?

As to the V8/V10/V12 attracting a younger generation. Maybe, maybe not. There will always be fans of the sound (including myself and my young son). Would this increase interest in F1 by a younger generation? IMHO, probably not.

There are bigger problems to solve. Cheaper to attend races, easier view by a generation that is viewing via PCs not TVs, plus NOT behind paywalls or dedicated apps. And frankly MORE of that oh so evil "social media" which is EXACTLY what brought my son to F1. I think the existing generation is completely out of touch as to what the younger generation wants. I only know because I am watching how it brings my son in.

Richard