View Single Post
Old 20 Dec 2020, 11:39 (Ref:4024095)   #124
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've been called some names in my time but I don't think I've ever been referred to as "righteous"

I apologise if referring to V12 engines as "meh" was a trigger for anyone. I loved the V12 cars, just as I loved the DFV and the crazy H and W and flat engines that predated them, and the V10 and inline 12s and all the other things people have run in F1. Some were shockingly bad, some were magical.

But... Those days are gone. By all means advocate for simpler powertrains, but look forward, not back. Or look at now, because despite the massive cost and complexity the PU system they run at the moment is a thing of beauty in terms of the outrageous amount of power it puts out per kilo of fuel converted. And it does it without shredding eardrums (although trust me, up close they make an epic noise, especially when you're so close you can feel the air move around you).

Slightly righteous response follows though: someone who's got or is getting into F1 in this era is going to design and produce the next step change in powertrain technology. Let them look ahead rather than forcing them to look only back.