View Single Post
Old 18 Oct 2022, 20:06 (Ref:4130765)   #54
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by mab01UK View Post
(Driver: Tim Goss, 1980 & 1981 Tricentrol British Saloon Car Championship)
Photo: Steve Murphy
(The 'recreation' of the P.J Green Racing 1275GT is featured in the November 2022 edition of Mini Magazine).

Now there is a name that brings back very happy memories from my racing days. At that time, Tim was racing a Clubmans car, possibly a Lotus 7 or maybe a Mallock U2, and we very often raced at the same meetings. To help fund my expensive hobby, I worked part time in the evenings at a bistro and I was friends with most of the other staff including the young lady who managed the coffee bar upstairs, and she just happened to be Tim's girlfriend and then to become his wife.

So when us lads raced on the same programme, she would always come over and make sure that my car was absolutely spotless and polished, plus would always ensure that both bonnet and boot were securely fastened, and my seat belts were as tight as possible; a real talisman.

I don't think that Tim still races, however he is, or certainly was fairly recently, one of the instructors at Silverstone which I found out when I contacted him a couple of years ago.