View Single Post
Old 22 May 2023, 08:16 (Ref:4157404)   #2593
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Great race from what I saw (I caught the first hour, then a few hours as the sun set and darkness fell, then picked it back up again for the final couple of hours). I thought the coverage was really good - some of the onboard shots in particular were stunning (especiaaly in the dark). Great that the commentary team were able to speak with some of the drivers not long after they'd been in the car - it was interesting to get their perspective on things and impressive how relaxed they were having just completed a stint.

Were punctures more of an issue this time than usual? There seemed to be quite a lot but I don't know whether that's just a standard run rate? The Grello Porsche retired due to tyre issues - seems odd that one car would have problems with tyres that they couldn't resolve?

Good to see the Manta getting to the end (and 3rd in class), sorry to see the Dacia get drilled and written off. The GT3 cars are obviously incredibly impressive but the variety makes this race even more special. I hope these 'oddball' entries continue in whatever form in the future.