View Single Post
Old 8 Dec 2003, 15:45 (Ref:806720)   #51
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
henk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridhenk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by John Turner
I'm struggling a bit with that one, Henk. It might be because of Michael's ability to pull a team together to make a competive package that enabled Irvine to win any races at all (he also had a Le Mans win) and Rubens is also benefitting from this and still adding to his tally. I think with a few GP wins under his belt he will have realised his potential and he has had his 'day of days' with that superb drive at Silverstone this year - one of the greatest drives of all time which will not be forgotten. As for Jos, he has never really had a good car under him and it is difficult to tell, but you may well be right.
IMHO wherever Schumacher is pulling the ropes, the cars will be developed suiting his requirements and wishes. If his teammates would have a free hand too, they might be able to get more out of the cars. But I don't want the make a big point of this because the name of the guy that first sprung to mind when I read this thread had already been mentioned: Chris Amon, and just now I am thinking of Lorenzo Bandini.