View Single Post
Old 30 Jun 2010, 15:00 (Ref:2720393)   #602
Captain Nemo
Rookie

Captain Nemo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for wyllion for their comprehensive answers!

g missing, sorry...

A little refinement for some of my earlier questions:

Grandfathering: If Audi and Pug would stay with its old models with reduced speed, the newly built 2011 LMP-s would beat them? It’s clear? Now, they are much faster than any other. This speed advantage would enough for deliberation to find out what would be the situation after grandfathering. New petrol LMP1s would be significant faster than the currend, grandfathered diesels?

Hybrid thing: I understand the 2011 rules (pit line with only electric mode, etc.) but I didn’t undertsand clear Audi’s a Pug’s plan for 2011. They want to build a car for this rules instantly or just build a car with some energy recovery system additionally for their diesel engines? Peugeot said, it will be a diesel hybrid. Audi said (whispers) it will be a V6 TDI+KERS. It’s two completely different ways?

GT thing: The 2011 rule book clearly says only GT2 cars will be allowed? Not only just GT1 will go out? What is your opinion, what would do the current GT1 teams? JLOC will come with Gallardo GT2? Matech will „downgrade” their Fords? Larbre with Saleen-Mustang? What do you think?

P2 engines: you said HPD, Judd, Nisan, BMW. What about Porsche (911 GT2), Corvette, Aston (Vantage GT2) engines?

New questions:

-Rumours and whispers about Porsche planning to back in 2011-2012 with a new LMP1. What about the RS Spyder int he new LMP1 rules? It would be allowed by ACO for LMP1? If yes, why would build Porsche a new car?

-What is your idea about Kolles? Pull out? Back with grandfathered R15?

-Still not clear the 2011 preselections versus new rules, Preselection versus LM24 into a championship? How will these thing works together?