View Single Post
Old 13 Aug 2018, 16:18 (Ref:3843408)   #162
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
improving the racing is not a matter entirely within their control though...and most definitely not a problem that can be solved by more money flowing to the teams. if anything, history has shown us that more money equals more problems in F1.

certainly Liberty are investing more into the sport but i feel they are also agreeing to/more amenable to signing more favourable hosting deals then the prior regime.

this will also mean less money coming but necessary for the sports long term future and essential for the more 'historic' venues by allowing them to compete with state run/funded races of the BE era.

also their attempts to transition from the lucrative traditional TV deals to self funded online service is a benefit for the fans.

anyways, in this, i read less money for the teams as a synonym for the current owners being less greedy and more forward looking then the prior regime...for me this alone is a win in Liberty's column.