View Single Post
Old 13 Aug 2018, 17:38 (Ref:3843429)   #166
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Well, they've certainly made the sport more accessible with their use on YouTube. Which is the complete opposite of sending around the heavies to threaten legal action on anyone who even drew an F1 logo.

As I said, I acknowledge that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
That's a change that's going to pay off massively with younger generations, especially current pre-teens and teenagers.

Well, I can only base my observations from knowing my two teenage grandchildren. And neither of them are in the least enthused by watching any motor sport, regardless of the format. Which upsets their two grandfathers no end, what with one having raced saloons in the distant past, and the other having been a co-driver/navigator to the McRae family in the past.

It is peculiar that we have tried to interest them in the sport, but it doesn't ignite any sparks. We've taken them to the British GP, various BTCC meetings, go-karting and my son always has both F1 and BTCC weekends on the box. But nothing, although one grandchild has enjoyed messing around with motor racing on his PlayStation or Xbox. And I asked both of the youngsters whether any of the chums had any interest, and both said no; but they loved football!

So, although both of them trawl through YouTube on a regular basis, they never look for motor sport.