View Single Post
Old 13 Aug 2018, 17:50 (Ref:3843432)   #167
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
So, although both of them trawl through YouTube on a regular basis, they never look for motor sport.
But that is the important bit. They trawl through YouTube on a regular basis. Pre-teens and teens use YouTube a LOT more than TV. Streaming video is the norm for that generation.

You won't turn a non-motorsport fan into a motorsport fan using YouTube. But if your potential motorsport fans use YouTube, then you won't get them if you don't even embrace the platform.

We ask what Liberty has done for us, and I'd say attempting to future proof for the next generation (something BE had no interest in) is a good one. The YouTube change is more important than just getting to search for some Montoya clips.

Aren't they also introducing a dedicated streaming service? I don't think it's available in the UK due to the existing BE Sky contract, but that's pretty good, isn't it? Certainly, I prefer watching WEC, ELMS and Blancpain through their dedicated service rather than hoping a TV Channel (which is more expensive, despite the constant advert breaks) carries it.