Thread: Brabham BT15
View Single Post
Old 15 Jan 2021, 19:12 (Ref:4029322)   #182
Dom8
Rookie

Dom8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdeery View Post
Thi BT-15 was purchased by a friend in 1974 or 75 from Dwight Egolf who was in Reading Penna. It was a FF and he drove it in SCCA regionals at Summit Point, Pocono and Nelson Ledges. Sold it in 1976 or 77. I remember the "Man And Women" movie story and that this car was in it.
F3-3-66 is doing fine. The chassis and some of the body work is present. Two different gearboxes and a Cosworth engine, seemingly freshy rebuild. Turns over by hand. Valves look new.
There are pictures from the car in the movie. After moths of looking in boxes I found the data plate and two racing record books for the car.
It was purchased by Stephen Ferron who passed away. He was a close friend of mine. He intended to rebuild the car but got himself in too many activities as he was very active as technical director at historical races. His widow Melissa has no interest in the car and I have been helping her to find out more about it. On my first try on google I found your mention of F3-3-66
Please, anyone who has more info or has an interest please email me at dfcla8@aol.com