View Single Post
Old 24 Jun 2023, 12:38 (Ref:4165175)   #61
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Interesting. I'd say that my focal lengths in those various places were much the same. I guess getting the car fully in the frame generally accounts for the similarities. As to ISOs, I really hammered mine up to the max or near to it to get enough light. In the daylight, yes, generally 200-400.

I constantly disappoint myself with my Le Mans photos - have done for years. There are times when I look back and think that the photos I took with a relatively cheap Minolta with a very cheap 100-210mm were better than many of my more recent efforts. I probably have the wrong mindset. Back in the 'film' days, every shot was carefully taken as it cost a lot of money for D&P of rubbish reels. These days you can blast off dozens of shots in a second or two and thinking/composing goes out of the window. I work on something like a 1:25 moderately decent shot success rate. On a trip to Le Mans, I reckon on getting half a dozen really good shots - if I'm lucky.

Having said that, I'd love to have a few minutes access to some of the places the pros like Ker get to shoot from. There are severe limitations for the amateur photographer at Le Mans which for me, result in lots of similar shots from the same places taken year on year. Every time I go I think I must try and be more creative, but it seems to just go out of the window. Part of that is that at numerous times during the race I'm really tired having had no sleep so taking photos is my way of staying awake - it doesn't necessarily make for good shots!

Do you use a tripod Peter? Every year I take mine and it sits in the boot because I just can't face lugging it aound - it's probably 10 years since I used it.....

Last edited by Aysedasi; 24 Jun 2023 at 12:49.