Thread: FIA GT Race No FIA GT World Cup for 2020?
View Single Post
Old 5 Feb 2020, 08:17 (Ref:3955799)   #6
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
SRO have a habit of organising races on weekends when other series and events are known to be likely to happen. I wonder if they think that announcing their calendars relatively early means they get first call, but it doesn’t work like that.

As another example, the Endurance Series finale this year is at Nürburgring on what was always going to be the weekend of the WEC/ELMS double header at Silverstone. That’s just silly. Just for kicks, Creventic then put the Barcelona 24 Hours on the same weekend. I know some clashes are inevitable, but that doesn’t mean organisers throwing their hands in the air and giving up. There’s only so much spectator and viewing available.