Thread: Team GBR
View Single Post
Old 27 Apr 2009, 17:24 (Ref:2450868)   #160
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrmanningjarv View Post
Yes but I don't see why some people choose to support one country only... it's not like football or something where you have only 2 teams on the pitch and you support one or the other. There's 20+ cars out there so you can support several (I, for example, cheer for GBR, Ireland, Portugal, Mexico and a few others because I like the drivers or countries).

Obviously I support GBR most because of my nationality but I don't support them exclusively - I am happy for other teams when they win, and happy when new teams join, as I recognize that for the series to grow they need as many successful teams as they can have.

Maybe that's just me though.
I think bella is absolutely right, but yours is a commendable attitude. To some extent I share it, because when I'm watching the racing on TV I do support several other drivers (not nations). Whether that's enough to drag me to Brands is altogether a different matter, though. The atmosphere is going to be nothing like as good as in previous years.

Then again, perhaps we should all go and enjoy the last A1GP race ever. I don't see it surviving beyond the end of this season and the flu epidemic in Mexico must convert that race from being possible into very unlikely.