View Single Post
Old 20 Apr 2010, 17:52 (Ref:2676760)   #5
Derwent Motorsp
Veteran

Scotland
Cumbria
Derwent Motorsp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I did the series for a couple of years in it's earlier days. It has a wide variety of cars entered but in order to increase entries they moved the cut off point to 79 (or 81 for continuations). This meant some seriously quick cars and last year the leading Morgan Plus 8 was doing sub 58 second laps which on a couple of meetings was actually quicker than the winning car in the Sports and Special Saloon races. As the lead cars are ten seconds qucikers than some others even on their short ten minute races there is quite a bit of lapping. Thanks goodness they have abandonded the reserve grids!
The regs are, shall we say, quite generous, compared to other series and this has sadly meant that many of the 50s and 60s cars that were around when I raced have gone.
Having said that, it's the best supported of the Scottish series now but as has been remarked it's gets a bit boring being at one circuit. I will look forward to seeing them when we are at KH for the Classic SpeedFair with the GTS cars.