View Single Post
Old 19 Dec 2018, 14:26 (Ref:3871417)   #3373
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
Which would you prefer?
In a similar spirit to Peter Mallet's question regarding which mini we would all prefer to own, a 1275GT or a mini cooper, I thought I would ask a similar question regarding:
Mustang Notchback
MGB
Morgan +4
Marcos 1800GT

Assume all FIA pre 66 eligible. I have looked on RCD and a Mustang is available at E50K or another at £32.5K An MGB is available at £37K. There's a Morgan +4 at E45K and a Marcos at E72.5K. I suppose the Marcos is a slight anomaly if we put a nominal E50K limit, but what the hell, if you chose that we would let you use "man maths" to buy it as long as you justify it!
Criteria to consider: Rarity v Commonplace, cost to buy, cost to run, availability of spares and "knowledge", competitiveness, driving experience and opportunity to race in "nice" events.
So, over to you - which would you have, and why?
It's actually a no brainer since the MGB will get you into nice events and won't need a $50k engine to keep it competitive within its class. As a f'rinstance you can build a good MGB engine for around $7k. So the MG will keep you racing.

That said, who wouldn't love a Mustang?