View Single Post
Old 28 Oct 2019, 19:02 (Ref:3937378)   #80
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
Full story from the FIA re the delay with Verstappen's penalty.
It involved a number of factors including Bottas's crash breaking the cable to the light panel.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/14...elay-explained
Based upon the article, it seemed well reasoned. What I found interesting however is that a crash that was contained inside the safety barriers could have broken the cable used by the Marshall station.

The initial impact by Bottas was VERY close to the pole that the light bar was mounted. Did that impact somehow move the wall enough to damage stuff right behind it? Was it something else such as the TecPro movement somehow associated with the cable path?

I am not trying to be overly critical, but it should be an opportunity to learn and improve. I would say that a safety system that is to be used AFTER an accident shouldn't be so susceptible to a relatively constrained accident.

Richard