View Single Post
Old 28 Oct 2019, 19:43 (Ref:3937382)   #82
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
The lightbox was mounted about 6-10 feet down the road from where Bottas made impact, but long before the TecPro installation. The lightbox comes out and hangs over the track, suspended by a metal pole. Although the pole is probably hollow, I suspect the cable that feeds power the box is cable tied to the outside of the pole.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Edt14xkMC7w

5:45 there's an external view of Bottas hitting the wall. The lightbox is right in the middle of the debris field that Bottas car throws up.

I guess it's one of those extremely rare things.
Yeah, that is the video I had watched. It has to be related to the proximity of the initial hit vs. light box pole.

As to the TecPro, as you mention, it is pretty far down, but I expect there is a connection between the Marshall station to race control. Either direct cabling or wireless. If direct cabling, then there is always the chance that somehow it could be related to the TecPro impact (but unlikely).

Richard