View Single Post
Old 28 Oct 2019, 20:55 (Ref:3937391)   #85
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
However, in reality moving back a bit would add more length than the string girdling the earth problem would suggest as there remains extra distance for items that run up to the barrier.
The 'String' puzzle does rely on the object being (or very nearly being) a perfect circle, though. The outline of barriers round circuits is... not a perfect circle

Honestly, I find it surprising that we don't experience more breakages in cables and connectors across race weekends*. The guys that put them in are really very skilled indeed in making sure that they're situated in places where they're safe, but obviously some of them have to be in the line of fire and are at risk from an errant car (or marshal's boot).

*I remember the frequency with which UK broadcast TV used to go off air when I was rather younger than I am now, to which we always used to say "come on, put the plug back in"